Must have experience with 3 spindle 3 & 5 axis CNC Gantry’s, must be able to set up and operate machines. Must be able to make recommendations to continuously improve machining efficiency, production, and reduce overall cost. Must be able to monitor the machines performance troubleshoot any problems that arise.
Job duties and responsibilities:
· Read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions.
· Set up all CNC machines utilizing the CNC set up sheet and CNC program or verbal instructions (fixture loading and unloading, as well as the parts).
· Perform minor program changes.
· Troubleshoot and correct machining problems with assistance from supervisor.
· Confers with supervision, engineers, and programmers to resolve machining problems.
· Must have own tools. Machinist must be efficient in the use to ensure cutting operations are meeting blueprint specifications.
· Report any deviation, discrepancy, or malfunction to department manager.
· Must be familiar with the use of vacuum and hydraulics.
· Must keep machine running throughout the shift while producing quality parts.
· Help provide training to less experienced operators.
· Be sure that all documentation and part identification are in order and kept at the work station.
· Fill out operator’s daily report, recording time on each Job and accurately account for each part to match the Manufacturing outline quantity.
· Maintain housekeeping in work areas (clean as you go).
· Abide by company safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Must be able to work 2nd shift up to 11.5 depending on the work load. 6 – 7 days a week.
· Must be US Citizen or proven US residency and at least 21 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED, college level machining classes and/or formal CNC training. Requires 5 + years of CNC set-up experience with 5 Axis Mill Gantries.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as operating procedures and general instructions, machine manuals, employee handbook, company policies and departmental procedures etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to determine that parts are within process control to determines when to replace tools and/or seek assistance in troubleshooting from supervision.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to interpret engineering drawings and blueprints. Must have good knowledge of raw materials, cutting tool geometry, and related feeds and speeds. Must have knowledge of precision inspection equipment and methods on how to use (micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, etc.). Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Standing, sitting, stooping and squatting can be expected along with lifting up to 50 pounds or with other means transfer of tooling, parts, containers and raw materials. Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas were under certain conditions that require the use of personal protective equipment such as Safety Glasses with Side Shields and Hearing Protection, Hard Hat, protective. Primary environment: Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided. The schedule of work hours are dictated by work load, production flow, and customer services needs. Work hours may include additional hours beyond a normally scheduled work week.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)